Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Vegan Banana Bread Pudding

I don't particularly care for baking and things of that sort, but this week I decided to give it a shot.

I found a really simple recipe for vegan banana bread. I had some extra bananas and decided to give it a try. Turned out pretty good 😊. I got the recipe from www.cheapandsimpleveganrecipes.com and tweaked it a bit. Instead of 1cup sugar I used 1/2 cup, and I replaced the butter with 1/3 cup coconut. oil. I also added some almond nuts and carob chocolate (about 1/4 cup each and chopped them up in the food processor). The recipe called for 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, but I didn't have any so I didn't add it to.

Here is my version of the recipe:

  • 3 very ripe bananas 
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup Coconut oil melted
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
Pretty simple and healthy. 












No comments:

Post a Comment