Tuesday, September 17, 2013
1. PRAY TOGETHER ALWAYS
2. READ THE SCRIPTURES TOGETHER ALWAYS
3. Go on regular date nights
4. Hide notes in secret places
5. Go to bed at the same time
6. Listen to music together-share ear-buds
7. Buy him gifts he will love
8. Revitalize the romance with intimate dates
9. Wear shirts that tell the world you love your spouse
10. Praise your spouse to other people
11. Read a marriage devotional
12. Sleep in his t-shirts
13. Renew your vows privately with whispers and memories
14. Renew them publicly with cake and bubbly
15. Go away together at least once a year
For Women Only
16. Hang pictures of the two of you around your house
17. Make his favorite dessert
18. Make sex a priority
19. Spend time apart occasionally
20. Learn to enjoy something he loves
21. Surprise each other
22. Meet him at the door
23. Text each other from across the room
24. Set reminders on your phone to remember him/her throughout the week
25. Call him right now and tell him you appreciate him
For Men Only
26. Leave work on time and come home early
27. Engage every day in meaningful conversation
28. Compliment each other
29. Take one day a month to make your spouse your total focus
30. Argue fair: avoid these words “you always” and “you never”
31. Kiss every day
32. Find tangible ways to serve your mate without complaining
33. Forgive quickly
34. Be honest.
35. Get on the same page: plan your budget together
36. Look your best as often as you can
37. Guard your marriage
38. Laugh together
39. When you are together-BE TOGETHER (take a break from phones, technology, etc)
40. Tell her she’s pretty, especially when she’s not feeling it
41. Make each other breakfast in bed
42. Do her chores for her
44. Get a couple’s massage or host your own privately
44. Dance together-soft music (both of you alone) or rocking music with the kids
45. Exercise together- hikes, bike riding, etc
46. Choose not to be annoyed by an irritating behavior/disappointment from your spouse
47. Thank your spouse often even for the least reason or gesture
48. Lay in bed together and stare into each other eyes, without talking
49. Learn something new together-take an art class, cooking lessons, etc
50. Leave a sweet comment on the Facebook wall
51. Support each other’s goals
52. Bring her flowers/gifts (even when she says they are too expensive)
53. Wear something your spouse loves
54. Share furniture-sit in his lap
55. Fight for your marriage
56. Make a point to eat dinner together most days of the week.
57. Never let your spouse feel like they come second place to your career or any other thing.
58. Talk about your dreams and aspirations. Be supportive of each other and dream big together!
59. Maintain a united front as your motto: Meaning- “Me and you against the world.
60. Speak well of your spouse.
Remember your Spouse Rocks- Even when they don’t at the moment!
Reposted from Facebook
Monday, July 22, 2013
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Found a recipe for spelt pancakes on Pinteret and decided to give it a try. It turned out better than I thought it would. These pancakes were so delicious and moist. I had fun making these :) hope you give it a try.
Recipe (I tweaked the original one a bit) so this is what I came up with
1 cup spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup almond milk
Had some overnight oats so I added 1/2 cup to the batter.
Mix all ingredients together and let sit for 5 minutes.
Cook on medium/low heat
Syrup recipe: (You can use any fruit you desire)
1 banana (frozen)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
Mix in blender to get desired texture or until smooth.
Serve and enjoy :)
Friday, June 28, 2013
2 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cooked spinach (I used frozen)
1 cup black beans
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon basil
1 teaspoon lime
2 tbs flax meal
Salt, cummin, paprika (season to taste)
2 tablespoon olive oil
Place 2 cups water in a pot add 1 cup quinoa. Bring to a boil reduce heat to low allow to simmer. Cook for 10-15 mins. Remove from heat allow to cool. Fluff gently with fork.
Add all the ingredients together and mix (mash black beans with a fork before adding it to mixture).
Form mixture into patties. Turn fire to medium heat add olive oil or coconut oil and cook patties a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
You can bake patties if you don't want to fry them.
Preheat oven 375 degrees. Place patties on lined baking sheet and bake for 30 min each side.
Serve with brown rice and vegetables if you like or make delicious veggie sandwiches.
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Monday, June 24, 2013
Looking for a delicious lentil loaf recipe? Look no further. I found this recipe on Pinterest and tweaked it a bit (http://trans-planted.com/lentil-walnut-loaf-with-moms-special-sauce/).
1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
1 cup mixed veggies, defrosted and drained
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cups uncooked oats (not instant)
1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin